From user's Wiki!
All Document Types need to be given a set of properties before an actual Document (e.g. Request Form) can be added to the database.
- Document Type Name - this is what the database stores the Document Type as (no spaces or hyphens)
- Display Name - What the end users see displayed on screen
- Sort Order - If you want the Document Type display screen to display in a specific order
- Page Size Mode - Either Fit to Image or Fit to Page
- Custom Fields - Each instance (actual Document) under this Document Type must have a specific list of Custom Fields associated with it.
- NOTE: At least one of the Custom Fields MUST have a Default Display Field checked.
- Change the Sort order of Custom Fields displayed.
- Document-Related Custom Field Properties
- Click here for more on Document-Related Custom Field Properties.
- Change the Order of the Custom Fields (this will change the order in Users' search results as well).
- Group Permissions - Allow certain groups to have view, edit, and/or add capabilities.
Return to Document Types