Clicking on the Document Icon from your Search Results will open your Document in DIAL. DIAL is an embedded application that allows quick viewing of your Document, minor Document manipulation, editing of Custom Fields, and the management of Relationships.
Document Properties/Entity Properties - There are five (5) main functions a User can perform in the right Properties Panel:
- Set or change the Document/Entity Type
- Populate or change the Custom Fields
- Change the Folder location
- Manage Relationships by creating a new Entity or search for an existing one.
- Read more about Managing Relationships
- Journal Directs a User to the Journal page to add notes.
Export Document - Clicking Export allow a user to save the document, in it's native format, to a file location (outside of EKDB) of their choice.
- NOTE: PDFs will only save as PDFs; TIFs will only save as TIFs. If you want to export a TIF to a PDF, use DIA.
Print Document - Clicking Print will bring up your Print dialogue box to your local printer.
Zoom Tools - Five (5) tools that allow you to zoom to a desired level in the Page View area.
Rotate Tools - The arrows on each side rotate 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise. The 180 tool flips the document over.
Next/Previous Pages - This tool allows you to go the the next or previous page without having to click on the thumbnails.
Next/Previous Entity or Document - This allows you to move to the next Entity or Document. You will only see these tools active when you are opening an Entity or Document from the Search Results screen.
Return to Search - Takes a user back the the Search Results.